- Believes in the promise of America and the goodness of the American people.
- Believes that the roots of our society are found in strong families, personal faith, solid communities, and love of country.
- Believes that our flag, the "Stars and Stripes", is a true and unique symbol of the pride and patriotism Americans share in their beloved nation.
- Believes that America is still the "shining city on a hill", and represents the dreams and aspirations of current and future generations of American citizens.
- Believes that our government is best when it is closest to the people that it serves.
- Believes that government and governmental programs should be efficient, and provide full accountability for the practices and policies its leaders propose and implement.
- Believes in the spirit of free enterprise, in which capitalism is the best means to keep our economy running strong, both now and in the future.
- Believes that while government can and should be the provider of some essential services, it should function with limited taxation, financial efficiency, and the adoption of innovations to allow taxpayers to get the most for their hard-earned tax dollars.
- Believes that America's military is the most powerful military force in the world, and that our brave men and women who serve our nation deserve the respect and admiration a grateful nation can only bestow.
- Believes that governments first and foremost responsibility is the providing of safety and security to our citizens.
- Believes that the rights of law-abiding citizens should outweigh the rights of criminals and that the enforcement of existing laws, combined with the addition of innovative, common-sense policies, is the best means of furthering a civil society.
- Believes that our natural environment is a precious resource for all humankind, and that citizens and government should work together to implement common-sense policies that allow for both environmental protection and economic growth.
- Believes that in the spirit of Abraham Lincoln where all persons are created equal, and opposes discrimination in any form, against any person, and for any reason.
- Believes in an inclusive political party, a party with a "big tent" approach where I am encouraged to share my beliefs and to disagree with those who share opposing viewpoints.